Classes run from 9am till 1:15pm. We will then go to the range for your qualification.
We provide a power point CHL presentation that will keep your interest. The presentation is highlighted with videos that include current and relevant information. You will gain the knowledge necessary to successfully complete the Texas Concealed Handgun License process.
Even if you do not plan to carry on a daily basis, the knowledge you will gain from this class is important for anyone that owns a handgun. If you plan to keep a handgun in your home car, truck or RV, you need to know and understand the laws.
We cover the four basic required CHL topics:
1. Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry,
2. Use of Force and Deadly Force,
3. Non-Violent Dispute Resolution,
4. Safe Handling and Storage of Firearms,
We will also discuss Basic Handgun Marksmanship, Mental Awareness, Range Safety, and Reading Your Target.
During the class we will cover the "Steps to Successfully Complete the CHL Process".
Class Fees include Range Fees and Targets ($15.00 value). Other CHL Instructors/Classes charge extra for range fees. Coffee and drinks available during class.
I look forward to meeting you, and helping you gain the knowledge needed to receive your Texas CHL.
DPS Certified Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA: Certified Pistol Instructor, Personal Protection in The Home Instructor, Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
Click on "CHL Classes" to sign up for our next class.
Steps to successfully complete the CHL process
1) Click on “CHL Links”.
2) Clink on the "Texas CHL Application" link. This will take you to the Texas CHL page to fill out your Texas CHL Application. Now click on “Apply”, follow prompts, pay state fee,
3) Print out all forms after you complete this process,
4) Now you will be directed to the Fingerprint Website, you will need the “barcode number” from the State form for the fingerprint process. Follow the prompts. *If you get kicked off the site, go back to www.nfwchl.com under the “CHL Links” tab, click on the second link: Electronic Fingerprinting”
Mail the following to the State:
1) CHL-100 (This is the class completion form you will received in class. Make sure your copy has your signature on the bottom of the form.
2) Mail in copy of downloaded State Form,
2) There may be additional information requested. Check the list on your downloaded State forms.
Mail all forms to the address listed on the state form.
1) Make and keep copies of all forms before you send,
2) I recommend you send all forms, “Delivery Receipt Requested”. Your personal information is in the packet and you need to verity it was received by the state.
Go to your scheduled fingerprint appointment. The fingerprint center will submit your fingerprints electronically. Fee is $9.95.
You are all set. The process should take 4-6 weeks. You can always go back to your state application and check the status. Just log in under the "Returning Users". Web link is: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/
See you at a class soon...